Another lawyer has prepared a surrogacy agreement, egg donor agreement, or sperm donor agreement, and given it to you. What now? You’re not on your own – we can help with a review of the agreement.
Independent Legal Advice Package – This package is suitable when a surrogacy agreement, egg donor agreement, or sperm donor agreement has already been drafted by another lawyer and you are seeking independent legal advice before you sign it.
- We review the agreement then discuss it with you, explaining in clear terms what the agreement says, what your legal rights are, how the agreement impacts your legal rights, why you are signing the agreement, and answer any questions you have about the agreement.
- We then make recommendations about the agreement.
- We provide a certificate confirming that you have received independent legal advice.
- This package includes unlimited telephone calls and emails to answer all of your questions.
The cost of this package is $499 + HST. This is a flat fee that covers everything, including all emails and telephone calls.
We use a three-step process:
1. First, you send us the agreement to review.
2. Once we have reviewed the agreement, we set up a telephone or in person conference where we explain to you all of your legal rights, what the agreement means and how it affects your legal rights, and answer any questions you may have about the agreement.
3. If any changes are needed, we contact the other lawyer and work them out with him or her.